Friday, October 23, 2009

Pumpkins

Last weekend we went pumpkin hunting with Uncle Dave and Aunt Alisa. We've checked out a number of places over the past few years and this was by far the best... although one of the other places has a winery and a brewery... even so, Brown's Berry Patch is awesome. They've got goats on the roof. What more do I have to say??





Alisa and I got into the spirit of the day right away. I've never been on a bounce pad before... notice the lack of children in this picture? This thing was huge! It was kind of like the floor of a bounce house without walls. You should have seen us trying to get on top! What a hoot.


Then it was off to the corn maze. Here's Tyler running through it. We let him pick the direction at every intersection. I am directionally challenged and I'm sorry to say that Tyler inherited my dysfunction, poor boy.
Running, running, running...

They had a huge slide that grown-ups were allowed to go on. Here I am sliding with my boy.

Off to the rubber duck races. Uncle Dave and Aunt Alisa cheered Tyler on as he pumped his duck through the track. Go Tyler Go!


I'm not sure what to call this contraption... some sort of teeter totter type thing...

Aunt Alisa keeping Ryan entertained. I love Ry in this hat.

Weeeee! Here's our friend Jeff and his little girl Evelyn enjoying the big slide!


And Tyler with Daddy.


Check out Ryan's top teeth. They look like they're going to be huge. I think he was watching the goats walk their track up above.


Then it was finally time to pick out our pumpkin.


Oh my... such decisions... can you guess which pumpkin is my favorite?? I think I'll take the blue one in the middle.


I tried multiple times to get a nice picture of the boys in the patch, but this is the best I could do. There was just too much excitement to get them to be still together. And, I'm trying to hold off on haircuts for our family picture. I'm not liking the scraggly look!


That's a great pumpkin Ryan!

Aren't they cute? She's 8 months older than Ryan. They're going to be trouble in a couple of months when Ryan starts running.
We also tried for a family picture. That darn sun!

We ended our day at the patch with hay ride and donuts. Yum. It was the perfect fall day and so nice to share with family and friends.
And, when we got back home I decided to try for a boy shot again with the pumpkin... um, yeah, the boys need haircuts.

Back at home the boys had a good time rolling on the floor with Uncle Dave. Tyler caught a case of the sillies. But, that's what uncles are for, right??

It's a week later and I'm still smiling. I'm looking forward to our next adventure at the patch.

No comments: