Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Ryan Update

Ryan has been home for a three days now and so far all is well. He's such a peaceful, cuddly baby. I had heard of babies like this, but I didn't really believe that they existed. I hope this isn't just a honeymoon period.

Ryan has very basic needs. As long as he's fed, clothed and warm, he's a happy guy. I'd estimate he sleeps 20 to 22 hours each day. He woke up 4 times each of the first two nights and only twice last night. Woo Hoo! He eats quickly and goes right back down without a fuss. And, I don't have to wait until he falls asleep in my arms, sneak to the crib and lay him down ever so gently. I plunk him down with eyes wide open and leave. I can't complain.

Here he is hanging out on the super pillow, cozy in the blanket made by Aunt Sara.



This is what he looks like most of the time although he's usually in someone's arms. How did I get so lucky!


Tyler loves holding Ryan and giving him kisses on the forehead. So far Ty is doing well, but he's had lots of attention over the last coupe of days. We'll see what happens last week when things slow down. I think it is going to be really interesting watching these two together. Tyler is very active and dramatic while Ryan is very laid back. Ryan already looks at Ty with this expression that says "he's nuts." I think I've got the best of both worlds.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

How adorable! Congratulations, and I'm glad you got a sleepy, peaceful baby. I can't believe how much Tyler looks like you in this picture!

Michelle said...

What can I say but "Ahhhh..."? Enjoy the sleepy/peaceful days. My 2nd was like that. And now at 4 yrs old, we prefer to use the word "feisty!"