Saturday, November 4, 2023

I’m Home!!

3 days/2 nights in the hospital is a quick trip for me these days. I must say that I’m shocked they let me out this afternoon. But very pleased to be home already!! 

Dan came home a day early from Vegas and spent time with me at Roswell last night. He mentioned that is feels normal doing that and he’s right. It should not feel normal for him to visit me in the hospital. I certainly hope 2024 is not a year riddled with stays in the hospital. I’m ready to leave the challenges of 2023 behind.

My oxygen saturation is still not playing nice, but they tell me it will take time for the antibiotics to work so I’m glad they’ll let me wait where I’m comfortable and can sleep. And, eat well!! I had a horrendous coughing fit last night and hot tea would have helped. I know I can have that now when I need it.

This was a week where family and friends were essential. I’m sure Aunt Deb and Uncle Tom are looking forward to a break from us. We leaned on them 4 days this week. I cannot express my appreciation enough. 

I’ll follow up with my oncologist this week and hope to get a better understanding of what the scans and cultures are telling them. My lungs haven’t been right for a long time…let’s figure this out!

No comments: