Saturday, February 4, 2023

Holding Our Own

It’s been 1.5 weeks of full treatment and so far side effects are minimal. The biggest issue is exhaustion, but I’m confident that will improve. My nurse says I need to stay active in the short-term even if it is hard as that will help me in the long-term. Do you hear that mom?? I’m going to do all the things.

The best news is that my pain has improved. I don’t think I realized how much pain I was actually in. Maybe it is like boiling a frog…slowly increase the pain and she won’t notice?? I haven’t taken any prescription pain meds and yesterday I didn’t even take over the counter meds. Woot woot!

I have one spot on the upper right of my ribcage that hurts on my back and my hip still hurts, but nowhere near as much as it did. My lungs still bother me and I cough when I breath too deeply. I guess I can’t expect 100% improvement in a very short period of time. Maybe next week I can report improvement in those two areas.

My hair is awful. I should be grateful that I have hair in the front, back and sides, but the top is completely bald. If it wasn’t for that, you couldn’t look at me and know something is wrong. I am really looking forward to hair growth so I can stick my head in the sand. 

This is a plan for living a long time.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hear you, sweetheart, sounds like I’ll have a hard time keeping up with you

Unknown said...

Laura, you look beautiful. Love the sassy hat. Thinking of you every day.