Sunday, February 19, 2023

Hair

I’ve hemmed and hawed about getting a wig this time around. I had 2 last time, but they were really uncomfortable so I didn’t wear them. But, seeing the huge bald spot on the top of my head was depressing. And it made me feel like everyone could tell there was something wrong with me. It made me feel sick even though I actually feel fairly normal. So, with a push from a friend, I educated myself of wig caps and ordered one. 

Unfortunately, it looked nothing like the picture when it came in. The boys laughed and Ryan said it looks old fashioned. Sigh. I couldn’t disagree.


It was so much hair and looked like a round basketball on my head. It definitely aged me.

This is how it was supposed to look. I wasn’t expecting it to look this good on me, but it was reviewed really well so I did hope it would be wearable.

The good news it that it is comfortable and not itchy so I thought it might be worth a little more effort.  I left the house today to find wig-friendly product hoping I’d be able to smoosh it down and make it less fluffy. The first place I went was closed. But, I found a salon that I had no idea existed just down the road with a stylist who specializes in cutting wigs and she said she’d help me today…on a Sunday!  

She took a really long time thinning the wig, showing me how to style it and answered all my wiggy questions. I think it looks much better. The pics of the wig this morning made it look better, but I don’t think this pic does it justice. It really is SO much better.

Maybe I’ll wear pants tomorrow with a button and consider putting make-up on. Maybe.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Laura, The wig, after trim, looks great. I'm thankful your side effects have been less than they could be and your resolve and positive attitude is amazing, as always. Love, Sue O