Friday, February 17, 2023

Tattoos

Next week my hip will be getting 5 rounds of radiation to reduce the risk of fracture and a side benefit is pain reduction although the hip hasn’t been bothering me much. My hip has the most ‘extensive’ disease and they are worried about it because it is a major joint. I’m beginning to hate the word ‘extensive.’ In preparation for radiation, I was at Roswell yesterday for mapping which means getting tattoos so that they can aim the radiation in the same place each time. I can now claim 7 tattoos, if I count those from my first round of radiation 12 years ago. Nobody needs to know they are only dots and that I found it very painful.

Another major milestone was completing my first cycle of kisqali/ribociclib on Monday. I take this medication (3 pills) for 21 days and then get a 7 day break. Check out the box:

It keeps me on track, but I am feeling a little lost this week without it. I am still taking the other pill, but I go to bed feeling like I’m forgetting something.

I have so many prescriptions in my cabinet. Luckily I haven’t needed a lot of it…anti-nausea, anti-diarrhea, 2 different pain meds, antacid…so much stuff!! And, they’ve offered me even more that I declined…anxiety, marijuana…so surreal. I’m taking as little as possible.

So far, I’m still not experiencing major side effects. My stomach is a little wonky, but I’m trying different things to see if I can make that better.

I am appreciative of those reaching out, offering support, sending cards, etc. I think the prayers and positive vibes are helping!! 


No comments: