Thursday, January 26, 2023

Side Effects

I’ve been looking forward to this week and dreading it at the same time. At this point, all lines of treatment are active!!

I started with the injection on Friday. The infusion was Tuesday afternoon and both types of pills started Tuesday evening so it has been 48 hours.

I am exhausted, but I’ve also introduced a lot to my body in a short period of time. Hopefully I’ll adjust and perk up soon. Until then, the family is taking good care of me.  It is going to be weird grocery shopping alone again.

Last night I had a slight fever and started with chills. As soon as that started, I went to bed and I think I slept through it. I’m really good at avoiding unpleasant things. I woke up ok this morning and managed to take a couple of quick naps throughout the day so I’ve got enough energy to take Ryan to baseball tonight.

I’m still hurting, but I swear I hurt less. I’m not sure if that is possible so quick, but I’ll take it even if it is all in my head. I really want this first line of treatment to carry my for a long time so that I still have lots of options left to try.

Unfortunately my hair loss has continued and it isn’t pretty. It is a very large, distinct bald area on the top of my head towards the back. But, it’ll grow back and it is winter so wearing a hat isn’t strange unless you know me and know I can’t stand things on my head. At least I still have hair in the front so I can be on video calls.

So here we are. Plugging alone. Making it work. I may not have much to say after this. I hope. One more step towards boring.

No comments: