Thursday, January 19, 2023

Skull Radiation

Last week, I experienced radiation on the top of my skull. Luckily it was just 5 sessions to stop activity until we can get the systemic solution moving. It was a very weird experience.

First they made a mask to ensure I was in the same position every time. Basically they warmed up plastic with a lot of holes in it and pressed it on my face until it cooled.  Then they used that mask to pin me down by my head for about 5 minutes for 5 days in a row while the machine rotated around me. I suppose the mask is better than medical tattoos on my face!

On the last day, they asked me if I wanted to take the mask home so I did, of course!! And, not surprisingly, I had one boy who needed to try it out. Freaky, right?


Here’s another angle. It reminds me of Hannibal Lecter.  Hmmm…maybe I have one more Halloween costume in me?


He has declared that I have a bigger nose! I think I’m offended.

Now I wait to see if the hair on the top of my head  is going to fall out. If it does, I’ve been assured that it will grow back. That is a small price to pay.


No comments: