Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Wellness

My quest to reduce the amount of junk ingested by my family is going well. This is what Saturday mornings look like now at our house...

I have created two fruit monsters!! They look forward to picking up our farm share so they can scarf down the fresh fruit. The first couple of weeks we received a ton of strawberries and the last couple of weeks it was raspberries and cherries. Yum Yum!

I've also been testing out sides with dinner that don't come from a box. I've discovered that it doesn't have to be complicated. For example, I've been boiling a bag of baby red potatoes and making garlic mashed potatoes the first night. Then, we have them again the second night with a little butter. We're also eating beans, rice, salads, raw veggies (sometimes cooked veggies too) and anything else that is a true food. No more powders or mysterious ingredients.

I have to say I'm also enjoying having grapes or baby carrots as my snack in the afternoon. Surprise!! I haven't hit the vending machine in 2 months!

My motivation? Weighing in every week at weight watchers. I don't know why going there and weighing in is so important, but it s. So far I've lost at least a little each week for a total of 10.2 pounds in 7 weeks. Slow and steady loss, but the real gain is that I am learning how to feed my family and control portions. Another 2 pounds and I'll be happy.

The best part? I still get my treats, I just eat less of it. And, I enjoy it just as much. They are right that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

No comments: