Friday, July 8, 2011

Fantasy Island

Tyler's summer camp had their picnic at Fantasy Island today. The forecast was beautiful so I decided to take a 1/2 day and join Dan who had already planned on attending. This may be one of the best decisions I've made all summer.

I was nervous about bringing Ryan because I was sure Tyler wasn't going to want to go on the kiddie rides with his school friends there and I didn't think Ryan was tall enough to go on the bigger kid rides. I was wrong on both counts.

These planes are always a hit. By the 5th or 6th time Ryan even figured out how to make the plane fly!!

Here is Mr. Cool with his friend Dylan.


Dylan was great with Ryan all day, even offering to ride with him on a few rides.



Thank goodness I was able to skip most of the rides because the older boys were tall enough to take Ryan without an adult. Yay!



Here is Tyler with Miss Lisa, his summer camp teacher. She was also his pre-school teacher. Tyler was excited to go on a ride with her.



Ryan could not wait to get on this motorcycle. I think I'm in a whole lot of trouble when this kid grows up.



Another interesting part of the day was to see the two older boys vying for the attention of this beautiful little girl, Faith. I think Tyler is pouting a bit in this picture because he's not sitting next to her.





I know I won't be winning mother of the year, but I gave in to Ryan's pleading to go on the Tilt-A-Whirl. He's 2. He had a fabulous time! And, it took my stomach a good 1/2 hour to recover. Blech!



Dan skipped the Ferris Wheel and took Ryan for a spin in the antique cars.


It was a great day.



Here is Ryan on is last ride of the day. Big smiles.


Dan took Ryan home so Tyler and I could squeeze in the Bumper Cars. When we got done he looked at me and said "Mom, Fantasy Island rocks!" I agree.


Then, he asked when his next day of day camp is because he's already looking forward to going back to the park next year.


One more great day for the memory.

No comments: