Sunday, April 24, 2011

Play

Friday afternoon Dan took some time off and we headed out to the Museum of Play. We were hoping for naps in the car and less crowds later in the day.

Before we left, we took some pictures. I love this one so I have to share. Tyler and George are still close.



The only exhibit we were there to see was the Tinkertoy exhibit since it is temporary and leaving soon.



They boys enjoyed themselves making all sorts of creations and playing with the human plinko.



I am always impressed with the temporary exhibits because they pay attention to the details. The classic Tinkertoy can was used everywhere. This was a huge tin that was open on one side with a computer game inside. Others were used as benches. It was a very cool exhibit.



But, we couldn't stop there. We had to check out the big airplane.



And, Elmo's car.



Wegmans is always a hit. Remind me not to let Ryan help with the produce!! Pepper bowling anyone?


This area was an unexpected bonus. Basically they filled the center hallway with these no-end pieces and let the kids (including some big kids) go at it. Ty and Dan built a boat with smokestacks and all. It was very cool.





I really had to hold myself back from running out to buy Tinkertoy, no ends or Lincoln Logs. I have to remind myself that we do Lego's in this house. Lego's, Lego's, Lego's!!




Unfortunately the nap in the car didn't happen so this is what 5:30pm at the museum looks like. Yes, we were that family.



Despite the complete meltdown, we had a great time at MOP, as usual!!

No comments: