Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Party

This year Tyler's birthday party was at the Science Museum and Tyler chose the Mad Scientist theme. Check out this cake. Our cake lady really outdid herself this time... I've decided that she is truly an artist.


The museum did a really nice job. They has all the kids put on white lab coats and safety goggles. The first experiment was with the static ball... it lost most of its bang on Tyler since he has no hair to stand on end. But, he enjoyed it just the same and there were plenty of kids with more hair so he got to see what it did.

The next experiment involved blowing up a balloon with some chemicals in an empty water bottle... very cool!


Yay, it worked!

Whoa, that is a lot of kids!

The final experiment was creating some sort of goop. Unfortunately we haven't seen the last of this goop as the kids got to bring it home with them!


Not only did the cake look good, it tasted yummy as well.

Time for presents. Unfortunately having 18 guests means 18 presents! But, I was proud of Tyler. He did a really nice job of showing excitement about each gift. Truth be told, he put on a show all by himself, but I guess that isn't much of a surprise to anyone who knows Ty.


I am exhausted. Technically it was only a 2-hour party, but we invited everyone to tour the museum before hand so we actually left the house at 10:45am and didn't get home until 4:30pm. Phew!
You may be wondering where Ryan was during all of this chaos. Well, thank goodness for Aunt Debbie who offered to take Ryan for the day. That was the best idea of the day. He got to go play in a toy store, check out a local historic five and dime with all sorts of goodies, go to fisher-price, and eat at McDonalds! He may have had the best day of all of us... except Ty of course!
I have to remind myself to go back and read my blog regarding previous parties before I start planning the next one so that I won't repeat my own mistakes. I don't necessary detail all of my errors, but reading about the party will refresh my memory. This particular party was a bit out of control starting with the invitation list. Somehow I didn't write down all the names of the kids that were invited (chemo brain) and I thought that the percentage kids that wouldn't come from his kindergarten class would be high since we don't know any of the parents. Those two errors resulted in a total of 19 kids including Tyler at his party!! That is a LOT of kids. (Note to self in 2011... DON'T DO IT AGAIN!)

No comments: