Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Dentist

Going to the dentist was not an event that I looked forward to as a child. I didn't think any child did until I met Tyler. He has been counting down to the appointment we had scheduled for yesterday morning for the two months since Dan's last appointment!! We were all ready to go when the phone rang. The dental hygienist called in sick so we had to reschedule. Tyler was crushed. I'm talking a full crying fit with tears kind of crushed. I was dumbfounded. Really?? It was a dentist appointment.

Luckily we were able to reschedule for this evening. The plan was for Dan to take both boys and I'd grab Ryan on my way home. Well, I called to let Dan know I was almost there and he said not to bother since they were finishing up so I continued home.

They arrived a while later and I was shown this picture.


That's right... Ryan's had his first dental visit... and I missed it!! This wasn't just a courtesy "let the little brother sit in the big chair" visit. He got fluoride and a full cleaning. And I wasn't there! I can't believe it. At least Dan took pictures.

Now I have two boys who have a strange love affair with the dentist. I'm told they both did great. (In case you are wondering... the sunglasses are so that the overhead lights don't get in their eyes)

No comments: