Sunday, August 2, 2009

First Haircut & 9 Mo Pic

Yesterday was the big day! Right up until the first snip I was ready to back out, but in the end Ryan got his hair cut. Here he is in the car just before the big event...

Looking at the before picture again, I am reassured that we did the right thing. It was in his eyes.

Here he is during the cut. Unfortunately he's not big enough to sit on his own yet so he had to sit on my lap. He did really well! And so did his big brother who spent the whole time at the train table. We didn't hear one peep out of him... I think I might need to go back there just for the quiet!

And, here is the after picture! Doesn't he look much more comfortable?? I really do think he was relieved. Yesterday was the warmest day of the summer so far.

Today Tyler went with daddy to the nostalgia drag races. Here he is all dress up in his Dale Jr. gear. The shirt matched the hat... and I did not dress him this morning!



Last night we all went to the wading pool. Tyler actually went through the fountain all by himself. He was so proud. The pool that we can walk to was closed for mechanical issues so we drove to the other town pool. I think this one might be better because there are a lot more kids. It might be worth getting in the car so that I don't have to be Tyler's playmate.


While Tyler and Dan were at the races, I took Ryan to get his 9-month picture. I can't believe he is 9 months old. I don't think we should have given him a bath this morning because the grease in his hair yesterday was holding it down. And, the poor kid got my crazy hair so it will never look straight. Oh well, it just adds to his charm! I love this picture because he was watching me play peek-a-boo and he was laughing so hard. I'll always be able to hear him when I see this picture.

Only three more months until we'll have a 1 year old! Time sure does fly!

No comments: