Monday, August 10, 2009

9 Months and back on the chart!

Today was Ryan's 9-month appointment. I can't believe it! Where has the time gone... He is now 25 pounds, 2 ounces in the 95th percentile. Our big boy is already starting to slim down. He's 29 1/4 inches long which puts him in the 75th percentile for height. I can't believe that he'll be a whole year in just 3 months .

This past weekend we visited Grandma and Grandpa W. Tyler got his first ride in Grandpa's vette. I have proof! See him in there? In the next shot he had completely disappeared from view!


Last Wednesday was almost the perfect summer day. The only thing that would have made it better is if Dan hadn't been out of town. I took the day off and got to tag along on a field trip with Tyler's class. It was a ton of fun.

I arrived at his school early and watched as the kids filed out to the bus. Everyone was calm and orderly until I spotted my boy. He danced, hopped and skipped his way to the bus... of course!

The field trip was to see the reptile guy. Here is Tyler and his friends eagerly awaiting the show to start.

As we were waiting the teacher shared a Tyler funny. They were talking about babies in their class recently and the teacher said that babies drink milk. My boy piped up and told the teacher that babies drink for mom's body. Grateful for the word "body" the teacher decided not to push her luck so she moved on to telling the kids never to hold the baby unless mommy or daddy said it was ok. Tyler decided to interject again by telling the class that he couldn't hold his baby because he was too fat! Poor Ryan!

What a perfect day to be outside. Check out all these kids...



This was one big snake. We got to see all sorts of interesting animals. Unfortunately I was quite the attraction for Tyler and his classmates. I don't think I've ever been as interesting as I was that day.



Later we picked Ryan up early and met some friends back at the house to run through the sprinkler. We topped the day off with ice cream from the ice cream truck after dinner at our friend's house. Such fun! I can't wait until our next day together.

No comments: