Monday, July 6, 2009

First Tooth!

On Wednesday, July 1st, I discovered that the tip of Ryan's first tooth had poked through! It is his lower front tooth on the right. Woo Hoo! By Thursday the whole tooth came through. No more full gummy smiles! How long do you think it is going to take before I get bit? Ouch!

Maybe in a few weeks we'll be able to get a picture of the tooth. This will have to do for now...


We were on our way to Grandma's house that night for a couple of days of kid filled fun... very loud, energetic, never-ending days of kid... filled...fun...(I'm still tired). Unfortunately it has been a rainy summer so far and last week was no exception, but we managed to find a kiddie play place nearby. They had a grand time!

Here's Tyler and Ava having fun on the pirate ship. Nora was there somewhere...


There were two turtles in this table. Very interesting...

Do you remember ball pits? I was trying not to think about all the yucky things that were probably lurking in here. They all had a great time swimming in plastic... and then we sanitized ourselves thoroughly...

The best part of the place was this water table. It had all sorts of levers to discover.

Once again, Ryan was a real trooper.


Saturday night we took the boys to the fireworks with some friends. I love to watch Tyler watching fireworks. He gets totally engrossed and doesn't even move a muscle. Ryan managed to sleep through the whole thing... crazy kid! You've got to love ear muffs!
And, I learned another valuable lesson during the week from my boy wonder... we were sitting in the hallway talking about something important (so important that I can't remember what it was exactly!). I said that I had to say a prayer and Tyler told me "prayers are for snack and lunch!!" in his best 'silly mommy' voice. I guess I need to spend a little more time on God with my little boy... it wouldn't be right for him to grow up thinking we only pray for food!

No comments: