Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Air Show Weekend

I'm not exactly sure what I did with these pictures, but I'm not doing it over so this will have to do!

I think I'm destined to participate in boy activities for at least the next 18 years so I'm doing my best to make it enjoyable. This past Sunday we went to a local vintage air show. The weather was perfect... not too hot, not too cold... just right! Thank goodness because we were outside for 7 hours straight! I really did enjoy myself.

Here are some pictures from our day.

Ryan was such a good sport. There was only one jet so the boys didn't have to wear earmuffs for long. Poor Ryan did not enjoy them at all!

Tyler was too much. The porta-potty was quite an experience. Early in the day Tyler had to go so I took him. We passed a couple of potties that were in a designated area. Ty asked why he couldn't use them so I explained that they were for special people. Later in the day as the show was thinning out, Dan used those potties. Tyler spotted him and asked why it was ok for daddy to use the special potty. I told Tyler it was because daddy is special. Tyler then informed me that he was special too. He promptly needed to go use the special potty. He doesn't let anything past him!



Tyler is getting good at naming the planes. He can identify corsairs! Sometimes he gets a little confused with all the letters and numbers. At one point instead of calling something a B15 or F17, he just shortened it to B-teen! Ha! That's using your noggin!
Last night was a beautiful night. The boys and I spent some time out in the yard. I went a little crazy with the camera. I must have taken 50 pictures of Ryan sitting in the grass. Here are a few.
I think this shot is kind of cool. I was trying to take a picture of his back. He's growing up so fast that I'm trying to capture every angle before he changes. He caught me and turned to look!

Tyler was tough to pin down. Most of the pictures I got of him last night have a pouty face. Here is one decent picture.


And one more...
Isn't he sweet? Fisher-Price called yesterday to see if Ryan could come today for a photo shoot. Unfortunately it didn't work with my schedule. Sorry, Ry! I hope we didn't miss a career opportunity for you!

He was really interested in the grass (ok.. well, weeds... you know, the green stuff on the ground!)

He entertained himself really well. Luckily he didn't try to eat the weeds.

Isn't this a great face?? I hope Tyler doesn't look back some day and wonder why there aren't as many pictures of him... it isn't for lack of trying!

Can you picture Ryan in 16 years trying to get in this seat? Good luck kid!

I think we're within weeks of Ryan's first haircut. I know he needs one, but it's going to be a major change. I'm just not ready yet. He'll have to sweat it out a little longer...

No comments: