Monday, June 1, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy

The last few weeks has been a blur. We've done so much that it's hard to remember it all. Dan alone has done an incredible amount of work just in the last week or so. He has cut down two trees, hung a cabinet over the potty upstairs, moved the old TV upstairs, hung the curtains I made over a year ago, raised the cabinets in the kitchen to accommodate the new fridge, trimmed two windows on the garage... phew, I get tired just thinking about it.


Here are are the curtains. I'm pleased with how they turned out. Now I've got to figure out what color to paint the room. I'm thinking a soft moss color, similar to the pillows.

We did get a new fridge and while I love it, the freezer is actually smaller than the old one! Check this out...


I have one shelf on the door and one small area inside the freezer for actual food. The rest is frozen milk. But, there will be no more milk avalanches with head injury potential. Now any milk that falls can only land on feet! Only 5 more months to go!
The boys are doing well. Over the last couple of weeks Tyler has been getting up in the middle of the night to go potty. It is exciting to hope he's night training, but it is exhausting getting up with him in the wee hours. At 2am I find myself wondering how Dan "knew" to take the side of the bed away from the door when we picked sides well before children. Ryan has discovered his voice and has become very demanding at meal time. He's doing a lot more with his hands and shows interest in things. It's very cool to watch.
I realized that I haven't blogged about our trip to visit Sara a few weeks ago. Grandma and Grandpa W were also there. We had a great time.
I tried all week to get a picture of all 4 kids together. It gets harder and harder to get a decent picture as we add more children! Here's an example of the problems I was having. NORA!! This picture makes me smile.
This picture is decent, but it makes me wonder if my kids have cooties... could you get a little closer girls?

Here was another attempt. I thought that maybe if they were lying down and couldn't see each other I'd have better luck. I couldn't get them lined up right and check out the pouty face!


One more try... doesn't Tyler look thrilled?


While in Virginia, they guys took Tyler and Ava to the aerospace museum. The girls went shopping! I got my clearance fix. Here they are in the cockpit at the museum.


They also got to go to the Army Transportation Museum. This is one big tire!

I really wanted to go to the beach while we were there. It's been a while since I put my feet in the ocean so we picked the best day for weather and made the trip. It was a beautiful day, but it was WINDY! Sand can hurt when it pelts you in the legs.

Luckily there was a great playground at the beach and the kids had a fantastic time. Here's Tyler at the top of the twisty slide.


Here they are humoring me for a second.


Dan was having a great time on the alligator with Tyler.

And, Tyler with Ava. Aren't they sweet?

Back at Aunt Sara's, Ryan gave Grandma a good workout. He was having a blast... and I think Grandma was as well.


We're looking forward to the 4th of July when we can see the whole gang again... this time minus the 10 hour drive. (for us at least...)

No comments: