Monday, March 9, 2009

Bumper Bowling

I'm sitting here tonight cozy on the couch with one boy asleep in his room and another asleep in his chair in front of me thinking about how lucky I am.

Tyler was so excited tonight to make a cake for Daddy's birthday. He could hardly contain himself! He loves measuring, dumping, stirring and tasting every ingredient. At one point I thought we had everything in the batter that we needed, but Tyler wasn't satisfied. He told me there was one more ingredient that we needed. I asked him what it was and he told me "love." He then kissed his palm, closed his fingers, put his hand over the bowl and sprinkled his love in the batter. He just knows how to get to you.

Ryan is laughing regularly now. He loves having his legs and arms moved. He's got a great giggle!

Aren't they gorgeous?



Yesterday we went bowling as a family. We had a lot of fun and we're considering buying bowling shoes! Tyler was a hoot. Dan had taken him bowling the weekend before and took these pictures to share with me. He did a pretty good job of capturing the whole experience.

Tyler picks his own ball up off of the "return ball." He's got the whole thing figured out. The ball goes under ground and the wheel pushes it up. You have to be careful not to pinch your fingers!

Then he carries the ball to the line and plops it down. He spreads his feet apart, puts the ball as far back and he can, and then pushes it down the lane.

There goes the ball...

Still going...

So far every ball he's pushed as made it to the pins. Then he says "Oh yeah, baby!" as the pins go down...not sure where he got that from, but he's got the inflection right and everything!


I don't know how he moves his head this fast!

We all had a great time and can't wait to go back. I finally have an excuse to use the bumpers! Maybe I'll break 100 soon!

Ryan had another milestone this week. He's big enough for the excersaucer. I don't think he knows what to make of it yet. He's not used to being upright.
I can't wait to find out how much he weighs on Friday. I think he's going to be close to 20 pounds.

No comments: