Sunday, November 2, 2014

Circus

We got a new computer!!  Hopefully that means I won't dread editing pictures so I'll blog more.  We'll see.

On Wednesday night we surprised the boys and took them to a real circus. It seemed like such a good idea when I bought the tickets over the summer.  But, this week it didn't seem all that bright.  It was a school night after a field trip for Ryan's class and the beginning of all the Halloween events.  Yeah... not such a good idea.

But off we went anyway to see the greatest show on earth!


We got there in time to see the pre-show on the floor.  It was pretty cool to be close up to the jugglers and acrobats. 


The coordination of the whole show was pretty amazing.  Everything came off perfectly so there was always something exciting going on every second.


Such beautiful creatures.



While the animals were very cool, I found the human tricks to be more impressive.

Check this out... how many people can you fit in one ring on unicycles?


How about walking upside down on the top of the arena?


This couple was incredible.  I'm not sure they were really human... there has to be robotics hidden in there somewhere.

 
 

I think I held my breath for much of the trapeze show.  Yikes!


The human cannon was clearly the boys favorite.  It was pretty awesome to see this woman shot across the arena at 60 some odd miles per hour.  Crazy!


The elephants were massive.


And, there were a lot of them!  They always look like they're smiling.  I hope they are happy.


The show ended with this crazy contraption that spun.  I don't understand how they don't get sick.


Ryan was asleep before the car left the parking lot.  I think we've all finally recovered from our crazy week. Hopefully I won't make that mistake again!

No comments: