Sunday, June 16, 2013

Fathers Day

Despite the dreary weather, today was a great day!!  

Dan woke up to a shower of handmade gifts from the boys.  Our favorite was a coupon book that Tyler made.  The coupons were pre-printed and then customized by Ty.  One of them was for a day of control over the remote control.  Tyler crossed off 'day' and wrote 'hour.'  Too funny!!

Today was a bit of a treat for me too because I didn't make any food.  None!!  We went out to a late breakfast, hit a couple of museums and then went out for dinner.  Love it!

The first museum, and the only one where I took an pictures was the Pierce Arrow Transportation Museum.


I love this picture of Dan.  I think that is a real smile!


I'm not sure what an Elvis Buffalo has to do with transportation, but there it is.


The Buffalo with an engine on top was a little more relevant.


 Interesting.


The details on these cars was amazing.  Check out the wood wheel.


This one needed a little dusting.  Kind of like my house...


The real treat today was a sneak peak at the Frank Lloyd Wright Filling Station that is being built as part of the museum.  It looks really cool, but I didn't take any pictures because we could only see it through plastic.  I'm looking forward to returning in the fall when it is finished.

We then stopped at the science museum because Tyler wanted to see Body World.  In case you aren't familiar with this exhibit, it is real human bodies exposed without the skin (filled with some sort of plastic) and posed.  I think he wishes he didn't see it.  Oh mom, that's gross!!  I know Tyler... that is how I feel about those crabs!

No comments: