Sunday, June 2, 2013

Family Visit

On Memorial Day Weekend, we were visited by Uncle Dave, Aunt Alisa, Owen and Hailey!!  The boys could not wait for their arrival and were obsessed with preparing.  They even fought over whose room Hailey would get to sleep in.  Can you say cousin love?

Finally, that Friday arrived and I had two very happy boys.


We decided to keep the weekend low key with only one outing to the zoo.  I love this picture.


I do believe Owen had a great time despite the blank look on his face.


There is a smile!


Digging for dinosaur bones.


Here is Owen making his first pressed penny!  Hopefully this is the start of many more.


And, watching a penny going around and around.  Fascinating.


Ryan was obsessed with this maze thing, trying it over and over again.  He was pretty good at it.  I have a feeling we'll be visiting this area again.


The merry go round is always a hit.


Cheese!


I was shocked that both boys wanted to pet the sheep with no encouragement from me.


 

Of course they had to ride the train too.  Tyler stayed with Owen while Ryan rose in the engine with kids he doesn't know.  I'm glad I have one thoughtful boy.


This lion was really cool.  There is a large window into the lion viewing area with a ledge on the lion side.  This guy was taking a nap on that ledge.  We were literally as close as this picture looks.  Thank goodness for thick glass!


I'm not sure what Ryan is doing here... I think he was driving.


On Sunday we just hung out at the house.  It was a good day for fun pics.


He wouldn't stay still for me.  


I did manage to get some random pics of my own boys.


Silliness ensued.


Owen gave a two-wheeler a try.


But, was much more comfortable on three wheels.


Ryan was in an odd mood.


See??


Tyler looked huge on this.  Where did my little boy go?  Check out the latest lost tooth.  Sigh.


Flat smile.


Owen's favorite ride was the motorcycle.  Vroom!


Fun!


This picture cracks me up with a blurry Ryan in the background.  Love those boys.


It was a great visit that I didn't want to end. Check out the next post for Hailey pics.  We're looking forward to seeing them and the girls in a few weeks!

No comments: