Saturday, August 28, 2010

Better With A Friend

Tyler and I could have gone to the amusement park yesterday by ourselves and we would have had a good time, but by bringing Liam along we had a GREAT time!!



The excitement that they had was infectious. Look at the glee they had in getting the front seat on the train! Woo Hoo!



We started off on some kiddie rides...

... but that didn't last long. This shot is a bit off because I was on this ride and we were spinning... FAST!


Phew! I wasn't allowed on this ride.

The airplane ride was a huge hit. On most of the rides there had to be a discussion about who got to go in front, who got to drive, etc. They decided to ride the planes three times. Tyler went up front, then Liam and then they got in two separate planes to see who could get theirs higher. Sorry boys... they both go to the same height!! (Good thing)


Unfortunately they loved the Tilt-A-Whirl... and they weren't allowed on without me. I used to love this ride, but somewhere along the way we have fallen out of friendship. Ugh!!

There is something humorous about little boys saying things like "Dude that was awesome" or "Cool dude!" I heard a lot of that today. I'm sure I won't think it is as funny when they're teens.
I think I need one of these in our house.

We had a great time on ALL the rides and watching the shoot-out show. We did it all... the bumper cars, the beanstalk ride, the old-fashioned cars where I let them each drive... Liam did well, Tyler not so much... It was a long day. Hopefully we can do it all again next summer!
Both boys insisted that they had to play mini-golf. Have you ever seen two five-year-olds play golf? It is quite interesting. At one point I heard "Hole in 64!!" And, I've never seen golf played via foot. And boys, the ball doesn't have to go through the tube in the rock or the tree or whatever! What a sight!

Personally, I think it was the dinosaur that drew the boys to golf. That is ok, it was a nice way to end our day at the park. (Darn, there wasn't enough time for the water park... shhh, don't tell the boys!)


Off to home for pizza and Tyler's first sleepover with a friend at our house! Fun, fun, fun!!

No comments: