Saturday, May 15, 2010

Cousins

There is something special about cousins. Something that makes a very long ride in the car worth it. A few weeks ago we made that trip and invaded Aunt Sara's house along with Uncle Dave and Aunt Alisa. We had a blast.

As usual, we tried for a picture of all the kids. Somehow I think we're going to have to wait a few years to get a great picture.



The kids were really excited to see each other. Four of the five participated in the cousin pile-up. I think the girls are winning!

Nope, they're all winners here.


I'll try not to duplicate Sara's post, but I had to share this picture. Hi Ryan!!


Unfortunately I didn't get a good picture of the kids at their table, but I have to put this here because it is a significant event for Ryan. He was able to seat himself at this table and absolutely loved it (despite the face in this picture)! I wish we had room for one.

I wasn't about to let him have his independence with an ear of corn!! Check this kid out... he can EAT!

Dan and Uncle Dave took Tyler and Ava on a special "big kid" trip to Home Depot where they each completed a project.


Hard at work.


But still willing to pose.

I love that she's all dolled up, yet swinging a hammer. Nice job Ava!


Ta da!!


Saturday night Dan went to his first NASCAR race with Dave. From what I hear, it was quite an experience. Maybe next time they'll skip the night race so that the fans don't have quite as much time to tailgate!! The best quote that they shared from the family sitting behind them (in full southern drawl) was "I hope you're not offended by the f-word... 'cause if ya are, I'll have to find a roll of duck tape for his mouth" followed closely by "I can't tell who you're rootin' for by your hat. It's not that Kyle Bush, is it?" Luckily she asked Dan who could say no. Needless to say, Dave clapped quietly when his driver won. Ha! I guess the fans were just as entertaining as the race itself. They had a great time!

On our last day, I decided to go check out a really cool fountain within walking distance with Uncle Dave and a few kiddos. The water sprayed out of the concrete and this was Tyler's initial reaction. Surprised? Nope, didn't think so.

Ave got right in there and tried to encourage Tyler. Meanwhile, Dave and I were sure Ryan was going to get blasted in the face. (He's got incredible timing and managed to leave each spout just before it blasted.)

See what you're missing Ty?

Finally, he decides to give it a try... just as Ava decided she was done.

Ryan was fascinated.

Careful... it's going to blow!!

Yippy! Pure joy!

Oops, are we supposed to be here?? There I go breaking the rules again!!

Proof he got wet.

Why didn't I think to take his clothes off before he got soaked?

Oh well, we had a fabulous time during our visit and can't wait to see everyone again.

No comments: