Wednesday, September 9, 2009

9 Years on 9/9/09

Today is the ninth anniversary of our wedding day and it happens to fall on 9/9/09... how cool is that?

Unfortunately the day started at 2:00am with Tyler screaming. He ended up spending the rest of the night in our bed which means none of us got much sleep. This morning I held his face in my hands and said "I need to return you." He answered "you can't. God made me and didn't give you a receipt!" He didn't miss a beat. Trying hard not to laugh, I then told him "I need a boy who can sleep through the night in his own bed," to which he replied "I do lots of nights, just not this night." He's right on all counts... as usual! He can make me smile even when I'm mad at him.

This kid is just too smart for me and he knows it. This picture was taken last night, but this is the face I was looking at this morning. You can't stay mad for long.




Dan and I took some time off of work today for a nice lunch alone on the lake. It was so peaceful. Here is the view from the restaurant.

We then did a wine and beer tasting after a drive along the lake. Yummy! I discovered that pumpkin beer exists and I like it.
Much to Dan's dismay, I made him pose for this picture. My intention was to post a picture from our wedding, but my attempts to get an electronic version failed. So, here we are on September 9, 2009.

We've come a long way in nine years. I could never have dreamed this life, but I sure am grateful for it.
And now we're enjoying a bottle of wine we received on our wedding day. Cheers!

No comments: