Sunday, February 25, 2024

MRI Results & a Pumpkin Pot

I love that I can see my scan results within hours of the scan, but it is really necessary to wait for the doctor to interpret them. My report had some really big words last week that I was worried about, but all it really meant was stable and no additional treatment recommended for my brain and skull.  I’ll take it!! They’ll scan again in 3 months. 

Last week was also week 2 of my chemo cycle so this week should be my worst side effect week, even though it is my week off treatment. But so far, so good…maybe I’ll get a break and be able to have a normal week? I sure hope so.  Or, maybe it is because I visited mom & dad on Friday so my body is confused about where I am? 

In food news, mom & I checked out the Le Creuset outlet in Lake George. I think she was shocked that I bought a pumpkin pot, but it makes me smile and life is too short not to smile.


Isn’t it beautiful? I was going to make chocolate bread today in it. And then decided to make gumbo. But, in the end, I didn’t break in the pot. Yet. I think I will try that chocolate bread… in my pumpkin pot!

I did make the gumbo. But, the purple pot did the trick. I still love that pot too, even though she’s been around a while. Everyone should have a purple pot.


Someday, I’m going to make a huge meal using all the pretty pots. Or, maybe it will be a day of pretty pots with breakfast, lunch and dinner each made in a different pot. Simple pleasures. 

No comments: