Monday, October 16, 2023

Boring Update

I’ve seen significant improvement in my leg over the last 2 weeks so I’ve ditched the cane inside and outside the house!! That means no oxygen or cane! Plus I’ve been wearing my wig so hopefully random people don’t know there is anything wrong. I haven’t been stopped and prayed over recently in the grocery store so I’d say that’s progress!! 

I’ve noticed people stopping themselves mid-complaint to say they’re sorry to be complaining about something normal to me. Does that mean I’m not allowed to complain about normal stuff? Because I had a head cold last week that was no fun so I’d like to complain about it!! Seriously, though, life goes on and while this situation does bring some perspective, I still want to hear about normal stuff…the good and the bad. I hope most people aren’t filtering themselves as I’m certainly not. 

I successfully navigated my first work trip since this all began a couple weeks ago, but it was a car trip. Since that went well, I’m headed to Memphis tomorrow on an airplane. Hopefully I’m ready. It does feel normal to be going back to my 2nd home (and to my secret life, according to Tyler). I did decide I should check my bag…that may be my only concession. I may be confined to the couch for a bit when I get home to recover.

Side effects this cycle seemed even milder than the last 2 cycles, which were pretty mild. But, maybe the cold masked the symptoms? Not sure, but generally, I’m feeling good. Woot woot!

No comments: