Sunday, July 28, 2013

Wise Woman Ceremony

On Sunday, June 23rd my cousin Jennifer arranged a surprise ceremony to honor our aunts.  I'll admit that I knew about it ahead of time and was really worried about it.  I was pleasantly relieved that it was a very nice ceremony of honor.  She had originally called it a Croning Ceremony, but called it a Wise Woman Ceremony on the day of the event... a wise choice indeed although I was sure to tell my mom that she was just crowned an "Old Crone."  Ha ha!!

It truly was a nice event that began with the aunts being smudged by my cousin Betsy and sister-in-law Alisa.


I had never seen a smudging before, but essentially is was like walking through incense.

Here is Aunt Toni.


Aunt Phyllis


Aunt Mary with Aunt Jeanie behind her.


The pieces of the ceremony.


Jennifer did a wonderful job honoring our moms/aunts, and those who came before us.



My Aunt Phyllis with daughters Jennifer and Betsy, plus granddaughter Madeline.


By the end of the ceremony, each was crowned, wrapped and staphed.

Aunt Jeanie.


Aunt Mary.


Aunt Toni.

 

This is my Uncle Jim's wife, Eve.


I love this picture of my cousin.


Aunt Phyllis.

This picture of my mom cracks me up.  I hope this means she, and everyone else, enjoyed this.


Aunt Connie.


 Here they all are... ready for their debut on Survivor!!


I hope these women know how much they are loved and appreciated.

No comments: