Sunday, July 28, 2013

Forest Lawn Cemetery

While Tyler and Dan headed out to cub scout camp, my parents and I went for a cemetery tour.  Mom and I have done this before, but Dad was in for a treat!!  Forest Lawn Cemetery is a treasure for sure.  I can't wait to go back.  Hearing the stories is fascinating and there are so many!  I wish there was a way to go back in time 100 years just to see what it was like.  

Everywhere you look there are pieces of sculpture and interesting headstones.  The whole place is full of rolling hills, curving roads and stories of amazing lives.  I wasn't sure if I should be taking lots of pictures so I don't have many.  Next time I will take more pictures for sure.  





This mausoleum was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, but not built until 2004.  It is beautiful.


No comments: