Sunday, February 5, 2012

No More Diapers!!

I am in complete disbelief. One week and one day ago I would have told you that I believed Ryan would be the first kid to go to college in diapers. But, I was wrong.

Last Sunday he completely removed all of his clothes including his diaper. It struck me that if he could do that, he must be able to go on the potty despite the fact that he had sat there countless times without success. The battle of wills had begun. Ryan and I spent the next two hours in the bathroom. Finally he went (thank goodness because I really didn't want to sleep in the bathroom)! And there was no turning back.

It was a long week of a lot of laundry, but I'm happy to say that Ryan has not had an accident since Friday afternoon! He's even waking up dry, telling us when he has to go and has successfully used the potty at Target! I'd say this boy was more than ready and had been playing us for a while now.




The best part is how proud he is of himself. Yay!


(Ok, I'll admit it... I am a little sad that my baby is out of diapers.)

No comments: