Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Great Tree Adventure

We went on our great tree adventure yesterday with some of our favorite people; Aunt Debbie, Uncle Tom, Tori and Mia. I have been looking forward to this day all year. Dan says I have a tendency to build things up in my head which can be a recipe for disappointment, but there year there was no disappointment to be had. In my book, it was a perfect day.

There was no snow at home and it had poured rain on Thursday so I had resigned myself to not sledding, but we threw the sled in the truck just in case. When we arrived, we discovered that there was just enough snow on the ground for sledding, without so much that tromping was difficult. And, it was snowing big fat flakes... perfect!


That last picture of Tyler is my favorite pic of the day. I just got my new lens and this was my first chance to really play with it. Fun!


Here is the whole crew, all playing along hoping that the pictures won't take long so they can get to sledding!



I wasn't going to post this picture, but I love it so I hope they don't mind. Doesn't this make you want to take a run down the hill yourself?


Tyler did his fair share of pulling Ryan on the sled. Love it!



One of the nice things about this place is that there are rolling hills so you sled your way out to look for your tree and sled your way back rather than going down (and walking up) the same hill over and over.



While the falling snow made for a perfect experience, it wasn't so good for pictures. Many shots were ruined by a fat snowflake in front of an eye or nostril or somewhere else equally undesirable. Oh well, we had fun and that is what is important.

It was easy to forget that we were there to find a tree. The boys got caught up in running amongst the trees... chasing each other!

We thought we had picked our tree, a narrow one, and even took the obligatory picture in front of it, but then decided to go with the fat one behind it much to Dan's dismay.


The boys were not happy about having to pose in front of another tree. Can you tell? You better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout... oops!



Cutting down the tree...

Timber!



I like this picture too. I know we have a few more years of this, but knowing they won't always follow along makes me sad.


After fulfilling the purpose of the day, it was on to more fun!



And, more sledding.


A quick rest.



An attempt at a snowball.



Warming up by the fire.



And, a final group shot before calling our adventure complete. 364 days until we can go again!


Dan brought the tree in last night and it truly is perfect. It fills the corner nicely and is the most fragrant tree we've ever had. The boys have been up since 6:30am begging to decorate. Today is going to be another perfect day!

No comments: