Saturday, November 12, 2011

Team Trek

This post is for me.



I returned from Team Trek in Arkansas on Friday, 11/11. Team Trek is a beautiful 800 acre site in the middle of nowhere. This experience can now be added to the list of gifts I have received from my employer over the last 10 years.





When I left my family Sunday morning all I really knew is that I was going on an outdoor leadership adventure. The specifics are kept secret to protect the experience of future participants. While this was frustrating as a future participant, I now understand how important it is.




I won't say that I had any major revelations during my week in the woods, but I did learn more about myself, my capabilities and areas for improvement plus I had the opportunity to reflect on my priorities and purpose in my life. An added bonus was getting to know co-workers in a way that never would have happened without this experience.



I spent time thinking about where I was at this time last year... weak in every sense of the word. I don't know that I would have believed I'd be doing the physical challenges that this week brought if you had asked me while I was bald. I didn't believe I would do it looking at it Monday morning. But, I did.

No comments: