Sunday, November 27, 2011

Howe Caverns

After spending a relaxing Thanksgiving Day at Grandma and Grandpa W's, we headed to Howe Caverns on Black Friday.

The tour started with a very strange introduction by Mr. Howe explaining how he found the cave via his cows. I'm not sure the boys knew what to think. Very creepy. His upper lip moved...


Finally it was time to descend 156 feet into the cave. Not much has changed since my first trip to the cave about 25 years ago. Cool stuff!


Unlike the Lockport Cave, this is a natural cave and it does have bats!! We didn't see any, but Tyler still held on to Grandma's hand tightly!


The boys may have been a bit young to appreciate the stalactites and stalagmites, but once they got on the boat ride they were cave fans.


Cheese!



Isn't it cool?

Humoring me.


He's done humoring me...

Beautiful.


The boys enjoyed the heart at the bridal alter. Tyler figured out that there was a light bulb under the rock and identified the bricks that were part of the door so it could be changed. He's no fun... he just had to take the mystery out of it all... I wonder where he got that from.


On the way out Grandma said something about checking the cave off my list... I guess it is checked off for a few years, but we'll have to go again so that Ryan will remember!

No comments: