Sunday, October 9, 2011

Adventure

I should have my head examined. Seriously. Today was chore day. We should have been home safe and sound. But no. I saw the beautiful day it was outside and knew that the laundry would have to wait. We were going on an adventure. So with no thought to the gas gauge, I headed out with my boys right past the Bills stadium... on Sunday with a home game scheduled. Not smart.

Even worse, I had no idea where I was going. Don't get me wrong, I had a destination, I just had no idea how to get there. The destination, Griffis Sculpture Park, ended up being in the middle of absolutely nowhere. An absolutely beautiful middle of nowhere. The colors on the trees got brighter with every hill we climbed, every corner we turned, and every wrong turn we made!

Finally, we made it. And it was worth it!

Nature experiences have been lacking on our to do list so I was very pleased to see the setting of this park. The sculptures were hiding everywhere and were awesome. Check this out.

The boys thought these statues were great. I'm sure you can imagine the comments as they passed by the backside of each one.


This one was benign enough for them to stand next to.


But, not this one... too scary!


What a gorgeous day! Check out that sky. The sculpture was called 'Ravens.'



It was just breathtaking. We walked through the woods to get to this clearing.



Hopefully this is the largest mosquito we'll ever see.


If I recall correctly, this is a wasp.


Another clearing brought us to this structure. The boys had a ball.


Art that you are encouraged to enjoy... what could be better??


They weren't sure what to make of this.


I love this picture. I could have stayed here all day.


The reds, oranges and yellows were so vibrant against the blue sky.


Sharing it with these two made it an almost perfect day. Next time I'll be sure to schedule it when Dan can join us.



On our way out we spent some time at this structure.


How they didn't end up with slivers is beyond me.



Fun!



I am happy to say that I learned my lesson and didn't get lost on the way home. And, I didn't drive off the road even with the gorgeous views.



Yes, next time I will be sure Dan can join us so I can enjoy the ride!

No comments: