Sunday, September 11, 2011

Thunder Over Niagara

I think summer is officially over now that we've attended our last air show of the year. Grandma and Grandpa C joined us for the day. Since we weren't allowed to bring much in with us, I decided it was a good day to play with my camera.


I like this shot of Tyler. This one is classic Ty. No teeth.




Grandpa and Ryan conference about a rod in the concrete used to tie down airplanes. You can learn very important things from Grandpa.


Grandma and the boys in front of the FedEx plane. We got to walk through the plane and the boys received their wings. Fun stuff.


Supposedly this is a rare to see this plane fly, but we did today. I think it is called a B1. I guess it is rare if this is the first time we've seen it with all the air shows we've attended. Tyler was most excited about the jet truck. It made a ton of smoke which made it difficult for a picture while it was running. This will have to do...



Dan and the boys.


Me and my boys. It was a bit bright so we look a little funny.





Ryan and Tyler both picked the same toy plane. After Tyler proclaimed it the fastest plane in the world, Ryan had to have it too. Can't you almost hear his airplane noises in this picture? We hear a lot of that these days... in stereo!




The main event was the Thunderbirds. Taking pictures of them against the clouds was a trick. I think it looks kind of neat. I'm still amazed at how close these planes fly.




Enjoying a treat from Grandma and Grandpa during the Thunderbirds. Yummy!


How cool is this?? That is 4 planes!!



Stacked.
All six.


It was a fun day and I think I'm inspired enough to actually buy a zoom lens. I had to crop these quite a bit. We'll see.

No comments: