Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Talent Show

Tuesday was Tyler's first official talent show. When we first heard about it, I didn't plan on going. But, hearts break easy so I worked an early shift and made it to the show along with Dan and Aunt Donna. I love having a flexible job so that I can be there for these kinds of things... although, I did not like the 4 on the alarm clock in the morning!!

Tyler had demonstrated a small part of a group dance that he was participating in so that is what I was expecting. Imagine my surprise when he ended up closing the show! Turns out that Ty grabbed his joke book on the way out that morning and sprung it on his teacher. Good thing he's got a great teacher.

Here he is after the show with his book of jokes. Very proud of himself... as he should be.






I'm having some trouble posting the videos which is why this is late. If this doesn't work, I'll have to come back and play around with it. Here is the group dance:

http://s719.photobucket.com/albums/ww196/ldekruger/?action=view&current=100_5383.mp4

And, Tyler the comedian:

http://s719.photobucket.com/albums/ww196/ldekruger/?action=view&current=100_5384.mp4

In case you didn't catch them all, here are his jokes:










  • What did the mummy say to the skeleton? I have a bone to pick with you.




  • Why are mummies good at keeping secrets? They keep stuff under wrap.




  • What is the most dangerous thing in outer space? A shooting star.




  • What do you call ladybugs on the moon? Lunarticks.




  • What are planets favorite kind of books? Comet books.




  • Did you hear the joke about the space ship? It is out of this world.
I am very proud of this boy for getting up there and carrying through with it.

No comments: