Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Random Kid Thoughts

I'm sitting in an airport waiting for the next plane to take me further away from my family for the second week in a row. While I hate being away from them, I love the excitement of my job and the challenge that my travels usually bring. Feeling torn is now a normal state of mind. I also know that my boys will do just fine without me and they're getting some special time together.

When I returned home last week, I found that Ryan is now a huge fan of Dan. His speech is very limited (although his non-verbal communication is quite clear) making any distinguishable words special. His favorite word is "daddy"... after "no," of course!

This past Sunday was Fathers Day. It was also beautiful so Dan decided to take Ty for a ride in the vette just before bedtime. Ryan picked up on what was going on and was found at the back door, shoes in hand. I hate seeing any of my boys disappointed and just thinking of his little face full of anticipation makes me sad. I wish I had let him stay up a little late for a ride. Instead I swooped him up and made a big production of getting ready for bed... somehow I don't think he forgot about the ride...

I hear that Tyler thoroughly enjoyed himself. Without a back seat, this is a rare opportunity to sit right next to Daddy in a car. And, Ty took full advantage of it, not being quiet for a moment. After what I'm sure was a very responsible acceleration from zero to the speed limit, Tyler turned to Dan and said "I love you Daddy." What a charmer. Dan also got to hear that Ty enjoys eating birds like chicken, turkey and ham (??!!) because birds have beaks and Ty doesn't want to get pecked. Interesting stuff rolling around in the head of a five year old!!

I love to hear the thoughts, musings and sometimes humbling things little people have to share. In my last post I shared my pleasure at hearing Nora tell me she loved me. Well, that didn't last long!! Less than two weeks after their departure from our house, we saw them again at Grandma's. And, my sweet little Nora asked me my name.

Don't worry Nora, I won't hold it against you... I may hold it against your mom and/or use it when making my plea for more time.

No comments: