Sunday, March 28, 2010

Weekends

We live for our weekends and usually make the most of them. Last weekend Grandma W came for a visit via the train!

Saturday was a beautiful, but chilly day, so we decided to take our first trip to the zoo this season. Our neighbors joined us and just as we were leaving the house, another family called to see if we wanted to meet them there. Woo Hoo! Tyler was very excited to have so many friends at the same place.

Here is one of the few pictures I got of the boys. They were usually all running in opposite directions! We had 6 adults, but it was still difficult to keep up with 5 boys and one adorable little girl.

Ryan was very into his animal viewing.


See... he got right in there!

I imagine this view was very intriguing for a little boy.

Yippy!

Poor Ryan didn't want to be stopped. Come on Grandma... let me down!

This weekend we took a trip to the science museum. And, I confirmed my fear. Dan and I have reached the point where we can no longer enjoy an experience together. If you noticed I had more pictures of Ryan at the zoo, you'll see the same thing at the science museum. One kid goes one way and the other takes the opposite direction! Of course!
This museum had a very cool Sesame Street exhibit. Here is Ry dressing a magnetic Elmo.



Tyler did an awesome job answering body part trivia.

Mr. Hooper's store was very cool. Tyler and Daddy spent a lot of time there.

Ryan took a quick break for a picture with Oscar's garbage can.

Ryan loves opening doors so this exhibit was right up his alley.

It has been a while since I've watched Sesame Street, but I seem to remember this door being significant.


Can I go play now??

Ryan is a lot more daring at this age than Tyler was at 3. Here he is climbing to the top of a slide.


Then he turned around and went down feet first on his belly. Weeeeeeee!

I managed to capture Tyler in this picture. He just kept running. (and, went to sleep last night without a peep!!) I realized how immune I've become to Tyler's constant noise. The staff at the obstacle course commented on Ty's sound effects noting that he was making a different noise on each lap. Until they pointed it out, I hadn't heard him at all. I guess it is like living near a noisy road... eventually you just don't hear it.


Tyler's favorite part of the museum was the dinosaur exhibit. He's going to love the robotic dinosaur exhibit that is coming this summer!!


They had an area for the kids to play... and mom and dad to take a seat. Here's Tyler enjoying some water play.

And, making our souvenir penny!

Tyler and I have quite a collection of pennies from all of the places we've been. It will be fun to go through them together some day.

No comments: