Sunday, December 13, 2015

Tree Hunt

Today was the big day... the day where we join some of our favorite people and head out to our favorite tree farm, Birdhaven.



I had looked them up earlier in the season and confirmed they were open weekends after Thanksgiving, but guess what? We showed up and nobody was there.  In fact, there was a sign stating they were closed for the season. What?? A call to the place by Tori revealed that they had sold their tree quota for the year so yesterday was their last day. Bummer. 

Pouty faces... in case you couldn't tell. I think the boys need practice.



But, Uncle Tom came to the rescue and found a nearby tree farm.  Too bad we got a little lost on the way there, but once we arrived, it was great!  Rudolph saved the day!


 
 Ugh, look at Ty's hair!! I have officially lost all control.  He refuses even a trim at this point. 
 


At least this boy still cooperates.


This place was great.  The trees were a bit scraggly and overgrown, but I thought it was just right.  Christmas trees aren't supposed to be perfect. 


The boys had a blast.


This is my favorite picture of the day. 


After aimlessly wandering and getting every tree I suggested rejected as I have no concept of size, we finally found one that would work at long as we chopped it a few feet up from the ground.


Perfect.



It still feels wrong that it is so warm. I blame Dan... he bought a tractor with a bucket for all of our snow... hmmm.


I can't stand how big they are.


Thank you Aunt Debbie and Uncle Tom for not giving up. We made great memories today.


No comments: