Sunday, September 8, 2013

Dirty Girl Mud Run

A little more than a week ago my friend Jeanne called to see if I'd be interested in doing the Dirty Girl Mud Run.  I said no.  Why in the world would anyone voluntarily get covered in mud?  Then I thought why not?

Here we are this morning, ready to get dirty!


I am certainly not a runner, but Jeanne is so I tried.  It hurt. And, I think I'm going to hurt a lot more tomorrow.


Dan was the photographer for the day.  I think he did a great job!


I'm not sure why my arms are up in so many of these pictures.  It may be because my shirt was huge and gross. The mud and grass and gravel was absolutely everywhere.


There were 12 obstacles and all but 3 were very doable.  There were two where you had to crawl through the mud and it was really disgusting.  Our cheering section was disappointed that we didn't do the army crawl, but I think we did well just getting through it.  Yuck.

This next obstacle was one of the easier ones.  The most difficult was something similar to this except flatter.  You couldn't climb up it and it was really difficult to crawl.  My knees are not happy with me.


Besides wearing tighter fitting clothes, my other lesson learned is not to cut my hair off before this event next year.  It would have been helpful if I could have tied my hair back!


Back to walking.


The second to last obstacle in full view of our cheering squad was a huge slide.


Up we go.


I was very concerned about the huge pit of muddy water at the bottom.


And, somehow managed to land standing up!!  Yay!  (Poor Jeanne wasn't so lucky)


We weren't quite muddy enough here so...


We made good on the last obstacle.  COVERED!


Mud is good for your skin, right?


It was a great way to celebrate my 3 year cancerversary.  We're already planning for next year.  Want to come?

No comments: