Saturday, August 3, 2013

Rock City Park


Rock City Park has been on my list for months and today was the day!!  And, it was everything I had hoped for and more from the gorgeous drive out there to the park itself.  It is rare to find a place that the whole family enjoys equally, but we all enjoyed this adventure.

I was a little worried when we arrived and I saw this, but luckily the large fake animals were only near the entrance.  The boys enjoyed them.


You walk into the park on top of the rocks and have to go down this really steep staircase.  Yikes!


It made me a bit nervous.


When we finally got down those stairs, what was in front of us was breathtaking.  


Some of the passageways were incredibly narrow with names like "fat mans squeeze" which the boys found hilarious, but other parts of the park were wide open.


How cool is this?


And, because we now have two cameras, I'm actually in some pictures!!


Majestic.  I couldn't get everything in one shot!  I guess it is time for a wide angle lens!



How awesome is this...








This pic is courtesy of Tyler.


 

So cool.









At the end of the trail were "Indian Stairs" that are said to have been there since before the settlers.  They made the stairs at the beginning of the trail look benign.  


Hold on tight Ryan!


Check out how steep that is!


But, we all made it out just fine and have Rock City Park marked for a second adventure.  

No comments: