Monday, July 23, 2012

Scouthaven


This past Thursday morning Dan and Tyler took off for 4 days of camping... in a tent... in the rain!  And, they had a great time!!


And, lucky for me, some of my picture taking obsession rubbed off.  Dan provided a camera full of great shots!  He made sure I didn't miss anything.  Love him!


The boys had all sorts of activities to participate in.  This one was a relay race with knot tying.


Sunday was family day so Ryan and I got a peak into the camp.  Ryan was very excited about "our tent."


Tyler has discovered that he enjoys archery.  


Nice form!


While the boys missed each other, I think it was good for each of them to have some alone time.   Next year I may take some time off work and take Ryan somewhere... just the two of us.


Families got to participate in the fun on Sunday.


This took quite a bit of coordination... more than I possess.  It was fun to watch.


The ropes course.


They let my boy use a knife!!  He loves whittling.


And, here is something every mom wants to see!  Turns out he's a pretty good shot... he got all the balloons and shot through the index card when there was nothing left to aim for.


Overall, my impression is that they both had a fabulous time, despite two days of rain.  I think I can count on another 4 days alone next summer.

No comments: