Sunday, October 26, 2008

One week and counting...


I've decided to try this blog thing to document all the fun things that happen in our crazy household as I don't take the time to write them down. We'll see if I keep it up.

We're one week out from Ryan's due date (although I believe it will be longer) and we're still not sure Tyler understands what's going on. Last week we took him to the hospital for the sibling tour and to make a bear for Ryan at Build A Bear. We were feeling pretty good about our efforts until Sunday evening...

Dan was giving Tyler a bath and was talking to him about being a big brother, telling him how special it was, that Daddy didn't have a brother or a sister, etc. Tyler thought about what he was hearing, and after a significant pause, asked how big he was going to get! I'm so glad I was walking by the bathroom at that moment! Priceless! Who would have thought we'd have to explain that "big" didn't reference size. We must have been really scaring him all of these months. Oops!

Friday night I was laying on the couch after a long week when Tyler approached and asked me to let Ryan out! I can't remember how I got out of that one.

Yesterday I took Tyler to a mini-circus down the street just to get him out of the house on a miserable day. There were acrobats, unicyclists, trapeze artists and all sorts of acts. When we got home Dan asked Tyler what he saw. Tyler's response... "lots of amazing girls!" Oh, this kid is going to cause trouble! Watch out ladies!

1 comment:

Alisa said...

Oh goodness!!! Waaaaaayy too funny!