Saturday, July 13, 2024

TMI

This post is going to share way too much so be warned. 

My current chemo cycle is three weeks with infusions on weeks 1 and 2 with a ‘break’ during week 3. The 3rd week of my chemo cycle is always the most difficult, but this last week was especially horrendous. I seriously couldn’t understand how someone would refuse treatment, but I sure do now!! 

Usually I have 2-3 days of GI issues which I can deal with using preventative medication. For some reason, this week lasted 4 days and I’m still not right on day 5. Cramping, pain, diarrhea…I couldn’t eat or drink anything without losing it. Even water was an issue. So sick. I know I lost at least 5 pounds. Hopefully I can start eating again soon to gain that back.

I reached out to my doctor multiple times which I don’t normally do. They adjusted when I take my preventative medication and then changed the medication yesterday. I’m not sure the change helped or if it was just the time for improvement, but I was able to somewhat function today with 2 significant naps. Hopefully I can handle the grocery store tomorrow as that wasn’t happening today.

Let’s not do that again.

No comments: